Paragraph of the Week – 29/11/2021

The amazing quote this week is-

“If nature has made you for a giver, your hands are born open, and so is your heart; and though there may be times when your hands are empty, your heart is always full, and you can give things out of that – warm things, kind things, sweet things – help and comfort and laughter…” –A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett

The paragraph of the week should be a respond to that-

Brainstorm ways you can be a ”giver” and create a list of small, random acts of kindness and love that you can perform during the month of December. Choose one of the acts and explain in detail how you will do it and who may benefit from your act of kindness.

My Paragraph of the Week

There are so many small, random acts of kindness and love that you can perform. Here are just three ideas of kind acts that we can all perform in our free time:

1. Baking a big amount of cookies and give them out to the homeless people.
  2. Clean the street that you live in (pick up litters, pick up the leaves).
  3. In the morning, hold the door in the entrance to the school instead of the teacher who stands there and tell “good morning” to the students who come in.

I want to focus on the first idea and explain it in details because that’s the idea that I connect to more than the others. I know that as a thirteen-year-old girl, I can’t just save the homeless people, buy them house, and give them food, but I can just do a little act that would make them a little happier and that would make them a little less hungry. Baking cookies, then walking around the area where you know that the homeless people stay, and giving each of them 3 cookies is not going to save their life, but it might save their day, it might make just one day out of their hard life a bit easier, and it might give them a little more hope.